How to invite others during a meeting
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Start or join a meeting.
- Click Participants in the meeting controls.
- Click Invite at the bottom of the participants panel.
- Choose from the following invite options:
- Click the Email tab.
- Select an email provider:
- Default Email: Invite others by using your default email application for your computer.
- Gmail or Yahoo Mail : Invite others by using the Gmail or Yahoo website. You will be prompted to sign in to your account.
- Add recipients to the email and send it.
- A new email will be composed automatically with the meeting information in the email body.
- These email options are affected by the Only show default email when sending email invites option on the Settings page. Enabling this setting will remove the Gmail and Yahoo options.
- Click the Contacts tab.
- Select their name from the window, or search for a contact.
- Click on the individual you would like to invite. You can select multiple contacts. Once you do this, their name(s) will be highlighted in blue and they will appear in the list at the top of the window.
- Click Invite in the lower right corner.
URL or invitation text
Click Copy Invite Link or Copy Invitation if you want to send your instant meeting information elsewhere.
- Copy Invite Link: Copy the meeting join link.
- Copy Invitation: Copy the full invitation text.
- Paste the URL or invitation using Ctrl + V on Windows, or Cmd + V on a Mac. You can also right-click and click Paste.
How to invite others to a scheduled meeting
You can also schedule a meeting and invite others before starting the meeting.
- Sign in to the Zoom Desktop Client.
- Schedule a meeting.
- Click the Meetings tab.
- Select the meeting that you want to invite others to and click Copy Invitation.
The meeting invitation will be copied and you can paste that information into an email or anywhere else you would like to send it out.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Meetings.
- Click the topic of the meeting.
- Next to Time, there are options for adding to your calendar.
- If you click on Google Calendar or Yahoo Calendar, it will create a calendar event automatically in the specific email service you choose.
- If you click on Outlook Calendar, this will generate a .ics file that you import to your Outlook calendar.
- You can also manually copy the meeting information by clicking Copy Invitation.
- If you select Copy Invitation, another window will open with the meeting invitation text.
- Click Copy Meeting Invitation.
- You can copy the invitation and send it out through email or elsewhere.